Saturday, September 5, 2015

A Pinch of black salt?

Black salt, an interesting form of that lovely stuff we season our food with. The questions running around in your head are probably, black salt? What's that? How is it made? Why did he choose that name?

Let's get to it then.

I fell in love with Black Salt on my trip to Spain this year with my girlfriend. The first time I saw it was in Madrid, baffled and confused I looked it up and read about it and that made me love it more. Do you have any idea how much patience you need to make salt properly? It can take anything from a few days to a few weeks.

It was at the Boqueria market in Barcelona I finally decided to buy my little container of black salt. This salt is special for more reasons than one, besides having an awesome black sheen, it also has a Smokey, sulfur taste to it and that is because its infused with activated charcoal. But don't worry, it doesn't carry with it the flavor of charcoal

Because of how long it takes to make salt and make it right, I realized that it's very similar to anything you do in the kitchen, whether its opening a restaurant, or doing a food blog, you need that precision, that accuracy and that perfection. I wanted something different, something special and I've found it.

A Pinch of black salt; the tiny special black flake that you can't use too much of because its very salty.

A Pinch of black salt is all you need to finish that dish to make it perfect.

A Pinch of black salt is going to be that little bit of confidence, that guide for all your kitchen thoughts, needs and ideas.


A Pinch is all you need, not much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment